This interesting project was involved the rennovation, redesign and extension of a 1930’s Public House. The brief was to add two new floors to the building and convert the property into two houses.
The design of this building had to remain particularly conscious of the original building as the core structure of the first three floors was to be retained. A gradual evolutionary approach was favoured with the building ‘stepping up’ in design style as it stepped up in stories. The result is a modern design on the top floors that mirrors the lines of the industrial aesthetic of the original building.
The internal special arrangements created are fluid. There is a large entertaining space provided at roof level opening on to a roof top terrace. Roof terraces are also found at each storey level.
web development | Elms Creative